Here are 20 quick and practical methods to improve your self-confidence, let’s go:
1.Think of someone who has confidence in himself or herself and act, talk and walk like him or her. Let HIS manners and HIS behavior be role models for you. If it works for them, it will work for you.
2.Smile more. That doesn’t mean you have to put a big, smiling smile on your face! But smile when you walk down the street, when you meet people and in general ways make your happiness seem happy even if it doesn’t feel that way.
3.Learn from the past; Never belittle yourself about past mistakes. It’s over, it’s ancient history; you can’t go back on it. But you can learn from it and do better next time.
4. Buy yourself new clothes, fix your hair, prepare for your new “me. You can only feel better and this will give your ego a boost.
5.Are you prepared for every situation? Are you ready enough to face any challenge that may arise in your life? Are you ready for this or that appointment, for that presentation in front of your colleagues or clients, for that interview that you’ve had such a hard time getting, to meet someone for the first time, who knows, maybe the love of your life? If you don’t, make sure that changes.
6.Play to your strengths. You need to know what you are good at and make sure that you expose yourself to opportunities, to all the opportunities that correspond to those strengths, because you are bound to appreciate them and this can only strengthen your self-confidence.
7.Improve your weaknesses. Know how to identify and recognize your weaknesses and put in place a plan to improve them over time.
8.Learn to say NO to people. Don’t be afraid, you don’t have to be afraid of anything. Just watch their reaction on their face after saying no for the first time and there will be no turning back whether they like it or not.
9. Be positive. Look at the “I can do it” side of things instead of getting stuck on the “I can’t” side. You have already accomplished so much in your life and will accomplish many more in the future.
10.Take responsibility for your thoughts at every moment. What is thought? It is just a question that you ask yourself and the thought is the answer. If you have negative thoughts, you are asking yourself negative questions. Change the questions you ask yourself to be more positive.
11.Whenever you feel a negative thought invading you, STOP THINKING, and tell yourself that it is really very important in the great universal plan of things. Most of the time it isn’t, but many people in life give importance to these little things!
12. Do you let the words spoken by others affect you? Do you care what they think about you? Remember that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. The problem is not what they say to you, but what you say to yourself once they have finished talking, that is where the lowdown hurts. Change the way you think.
13. List the words you use on a consistent basis when you feel lower than earth or just upset. People use different words to mean the same thing and it all depends on the intensity of each word and the effect it has on your confidence. Instead of saying, “I’m going crazy about this or that”, say, “I’m a little upset”. Make a list of substitute words for each of the words you no longer want to use. Believe my experience, you’ll be bluffed by the result.
14. At the end of each day, make a list of things you have done well and can be proud of.
15. Appreciate what you have and be thankful for your life now. Who do you love? Who loves you? Who have you ever given a helping hand to?
16. Every morning when you shower, replay the events of the day in your head as if they had already happened and were so successful. Visualize all the appointments you have had, all the people you have talked to and all the financial benefits they have brought you. Visualize your successes and your confidence will do the same.
17. Improve your body language. The way you move your body has a massive impact on your confidence level. Move your body with confidence, head up, shoulders back, and as if you are going to a very important place. Do you feel your self-confidence is at its lowest? Change your body language.
18. Emotion is born from the gesture. This will create real energy and promote blood circulation in your body, so you will feel much better and more confident.
Learn how to brag.
19. Learn to brag. Yes, you heard me right! Talk about your accomplishments and successes more than you do now.
20. And finally: “you only get one life,” so whenever you feel down, just ask yourself if in 10 or 20 years from now what you’re worried about will finally matter at all?